Finance and Operations Consulting
Our finance & operations consulting engagements are strategic in nature whether they involve helping you develop a marketing plan for your business, determine why your web or other digital marketing is not performing as planned or develop a channel marketing plan for your sales channels. Though these are consulting engagements, we perform all our engagements in a coaching manner so that the business owner gets the most impact and help.
- Financial & Operational Assessment - for assessment of the financial and operational side of your business.
- Financial & Operational Reporting - for developing insight to your current financial performance.
- Project Reporting - for capturing and developing reporting on expenses and expenditures related to projects and programs to compare against actuals.
- Financial Plan - for developing a financial outlook from a go forward perspective.
- Financial Review - for determining what you need to do within your business to meet your short and long term financial objectives.
- Financial Model - for developing proforma financial statements based on input variables such as market, forecast, pricing, expenses ..etc to help determine "what if" scenarios for financial planning. Performed with every feasibility study and business plan.
Financial and Operational Assessment
The goal of a financial and operational assessment is to evaluate your your financials as well as the operational side of your business. We will require 2-3 years of compiled financial statements and we will need to meet with whoever in your business is responsible for financial side as well as the operational side of your business.
The financial and operational assessment looks at your business from a financial point of view after the sale is made. This assessment will not look at sales, marketing, or human resources. We will assess and provide analysis on only those two areas of your business and make recommendations for improvements which will be provided in a detailed report. These are the areas that will be assessed:
- Assets / Liabilities
- Cash Flow Analysis
- Product and Services Delivery
- Customer Support
- Businesses who are having issues in their business converting their sales profitably or are having ongoing cash flow issues, but are not having any problem making or generating sales.
Financial and Operational Reporting
The goal of a financial and operational review is to help the business owner understand and learn what they need to do in order to meet their short and long-term financial objectives.
There is a need to understand your current financials and determine what your long-term objectives are for your business. There will be a complete walk-through of your business to understand all aspects and to be able to map your operations to key metrics that financial institutions look for when they provide lending to a business.
- Businesses who want to understand how their business is performing.
The goal of project reporting is to capture and appropriately classify expenses and other expenditures on projects and programs within your business and to be able to compare the actuals to what you planned. The expenses and expenditures include but are not limited to: people, materials, subcontracting, time impacts, costing and evaluation options, the cost of decisions, and the cost of changes.
The benefit to the owner/operator is to teach them how to evaluate, and predictably link scope, timing and costs to all projects.
- Businesses who want to know how their project is progressing to budget and want to get an outlook of whether their project will come in on budget.
The goal of a financial plan is to look at your current business resources and to set goals going forward from a financial perspective. You need to know where you are to be able to understand what you are going to need to do to meet your future financial goals.
A financial plan will include developing the following for your business:
- Development of Sales Forecast
- Development of a Budget
- Development of Proforma Financial Income Statements for 5 Years Forward
- Cash Flow Analysis
- Asset and Liability Analysis
- Businesses who are looking to understand and gain better control of their financials.
The goal of a financial review is to help you understand what needs to be done in order to meet your short and long term financial objectives. There is a need to understand what your current financials are telling you and then set financial objectives for your business.
There will be a walk through of your financials to understand your revenue and cost drivers where the following will be done:
- Review past 2 to 3 years results – compiled statements if possible, or General Index of Financial Information (GIFI) from tax returns
- Conduct analysis on key metrics such as, but not limited to, working capital, accounts receivable, accounts payable, revenues, cost of sales, fixed costs, return on sales and breakeven points
- Review business processes including, lead generation thru to billings collections, hiring and recruitment processes, service delivery and timing
- Determine cost drivers from above analysis
- Make recommendations for financial business improvements
- Businesses that are not sure how they are actually performing and who want to get a better handle and understanding on their financials.
The goal of a financial budget is to provide the business owner to compare actual results to actual results and facilitates the owner having better control over their financials. They key to budgeting is being able to forecast your future revenues and expenses properly.
Budgets are a tool to be used to compare “what is” versus “what should be”. The value is in the process of understanding variances and why they occurred versus know what the variance is unto itself.
- Businesses that want to gain more control over their spending.
The goal of a financial model is to build “what if” scenarios based around your business such as your market size, forecast, pricing model, expenses, product and service types, seasonality, loan requirements, along with any additional pertinent variables. This data is developed into a model for your specific business and is then used to calculate 5 years of forward-looking financial statements (balance sheet, income statement, and cash flow statement). Here is a very simplistic model for a generic start-up business to provide a general idea. Our financial models are developed in Excel and emulate how your business is set-up and will run.
- Businesses that are needing help planning and would like to determine how decisions they make will affect their go forward financials.
Tactical Financial & Operational Consulting
If you are looking for more tactical financial or operational consulting such as development of processes or bookkeeping, please visit our Business Assistant Virtual Services page. All of these services are offered remotely to keep the price down for our clients.
Our offices are located just outside Toronto within the GTA. We are able to provide many services to businesses across Canada remotely.
Our local service area includes: Toronto, Peterborough, Bowmanville, Lindsay, Kawartha Lakes, Orillia, Clarington, Oshawa, Whitby, Ajax, Pickering, Port Perry, Uxbridge, Scarborough, Markham, Aurora, Newmarket, Bradford, Richmond Hill, Vaughan, Brampton, Mississauga, Burlington, Oakville and surrounding areas.
Contact us if you are outside our local service area and require service in person.
The bottom line solutions experts
© Copyright 2015, RK Fischer & Associates. All Rights Reserved. Read Our Privacy Statement.