There are times that businesses require a neutral third party to help facilitate group meetings, discussions or decisions that you need to make within your business in order to make sure that:
- Sessions are productive
- Goals are set and met
- Rules of engagement are followed
- All members of the group are engaged
- Action plan / next steps are decided
Before a facilitation session is booked, a questionnaire will be provided to the business owner or stakeholder requiring the facilitation to gain an understanding of their requirements. A follow-up meeting will be then set-up to discuss the following:
- Key Drivers
- Gain an Understanding of the Players
- Determine Preparation Work before the Session
We will then facilitate the session, which means that we only guide the session and not provide input. At the end of the session, an action plan and next steps will be determined by the players.
Following the facilitation meeting, we will provide the business owner and team a report summarizing the session along with providing the action plan and next steps. This concludes our involvement for this engagement.
Our Sessions and Options
- There two session options of 4-hour and 8-hour sessions.
- In order to be productive and meet goals, you want to break what you want to accomplish into no more than one full day sessions
Business Strategy Facilitation Package
The goal of the business strategy facilitation engagement is to assist in developing an overall strategy for your business based on your business goals. This is a facilitated session with the business owner and key stakeholders or contributors from each area of the business (Maximum of 6). At the end of the facilitation sessions, the business will have a clear and documented view of their current business strategy and goals. In addition to developing the business strategy, there will be a balanced scorecard developed to help move strategy to action.
Business Strategy Session
A business strategy session will follow this format:
- A questionnaire will be provided to the business owner and team in advance so that they are able to come prepared with any required information needed to help put together the strategy.
- There will be one-full day minimum up to 2 day facilitated working session with the client and key stakeholders to design the strategy. Your facilitators will be responsible for guiding the session and documenting the discussion. This will depend on the size of your business and number of stakeholders involved.
- A business strategy model will be provided back to the client based off the information discussed during the facilitated session.
Business Strategy Model
- Business Goals for 1, 3 and 5 Years
- Mission and Vision of Business
- Market Analysis
- Product and Service Offerings
- Go To Market Strategy
- Marketing Strategy
- Human Resource Strategy
- Fixed, Variable, and Cost of Sales Expenses
- Operational Strategy
- Financial Revenue Goals for 1, 3 and 5 Years
- Metrics for Measuring Success
Balanced Scorecard Session
Once the business strategy has been defined and agreed to by all stakeholders, a session will be booked to develop a balanced scorecard.
- A half-day session will be booked to review the strategy in respect to what is required in order to meet the business goals of the business and assign responsibilities.
- A balanced scorecard will be provided back to business in order to update and manage ongoing. This becomes the Action Plan for your business to move forward.
A balanced scorecard will help you identify what you need to do in your business to meet your revenue targets, profitability targets, and customer acquisition and retention targets. It will also determine how you are going to measure that success. A balanced scorecard looks at the following aspects of the business:
- Financial expectations
- Customer and Market requirements and expectations
- Internal Processes and Projects required
- Key tracking indicators to deliver the projects, customers and financial expectations
The financial model and budget are optional features which can be included in this business facilitation package. In order to accomplish this, there will a session set up with the business owner where we will require access to prior years financial statements and financial system.
A financial model is built with “what if” scenarios based around your business such as your market size, forecast, pricing model, expenses, product and service types, seasonality, loan requirements, along with any additional pertinent variables. This data is developed into a model for your specific business and is then used to calculate 5 years of forward-looking financial statements (balance sheet, income statement, and cash flow statement).
When you are starting out, it is important that you develop a financial budget to keep yourself on track. Most people feel a business can be constraining which is not the case. Budgets are based on your revenue and expense plan. Budgets help identify where a plan is deviating from expectations. Being able to identify and react to deviations is important in order to run a profitable business. Some deviations may be ok while others may be detrimental to your profitability.
Most of our clients at the end of a business strategy session, purchase business coaching to help them in managing the implementation of their balanced scorecard as well as managing their financials. We have included 3 months of coaching which includes 4 hours a month in person. If you would like to include coaching but utilize phone coaching, purchase the package without coaching and then buy coaching separately.
- New businesses who want help with developing their business strategy.
- Existing businesses who feel they need to solidify their business strategy and set the direction going forward so they are able to meet their goals moving forward.
- Existing businesses who are looking to grow and need to modify their business strategy to meet their go-forward revenue targets and business goals
Our offices are located just outside Toronto within the GTA. We are able to provide many services to businesses across Canada remotely.
Our local service area includes: Toronto, Peterborough, Bowmanville, Lindsay, Kawartha Lakes, Orillia, Clarington, Oshawa, Whitby, Ajax, Pickering, Port Perry, Uxbridge, Scarborough, Markham, Aurora, Newmarket, Bradford, Richmond Hill, Vaughan, Brampton, Mississauga, Burlington, Oakville and surrounding areas.
Contact us if you are outside our local service area and require service in person.
The bottom line solutions experts
© Copyright 2015, RK Fischer & Associates. All Rights Reserved. Read Our Privacy Statement.