RK Fischer & Associates
Background and History
RK Fischer & Associates was started in January 2010 by Karen and Rudy after spending over 25 years working in management and executive roles for start-ups, small business, as well as large corporate environments. We felt that the small and medium size business market was under-serviced by the business and financial consulting and coaching industry. The reason is that many consulting firms focus on working for a few large clients for long periods of time
Small and medium-sized businesses need help but in a much different way than large businesses. Smaller businesses need to have quick results as they do not have the budget or time for long term consulting engagements.
Our focus is on helping businesses improve their bottom line, so they are more profitable. Though our two partners and staff have experience in all areas of a business, we find it all comes down to making sure the business is profitable.
- To help Canadian owner-operated businesses improve their bottom line by generating positive cash flows, controlling costs, and accelerating profitability by identifying and addressing their current barriers to growth.
How We Accomplish Our Mission
- We accomplish this by helping businesses to build the necessary foundations, construct their go forward business direction, as well as facilitate them in acquiring the skills and people necessary to meet their business goals.
Our Value Proposition
- Our two partners have over 30+ years of executive management experience in large, small, as well as start-up businesses
- Experience in different areas of a business: Finance, Operations, Sales, Channel Sales, Marketing, Channel Marketing, Product Marketing/Product Management
- We develop tools, guides, and training which is available online or supplements our engagements.
- We understand business and have technical competence and relevant experience to work with businesses in a wide variety of industries.
- Our goal is not to consult and live your business, but to coach and train the business owner and stakeholders to make the changes needed and sustain their business going forward.
- One partner is a Certified Management Accountant (CPA, CMA) and other Partner had General Management Experience in running a small business of $8M in revenues.
- We partner with other professionals to provide complimentary solutions to give small businesses one-stop-shopping for their small business requirements.
Helping You Become Self-Sufficient
Our goal as business consultants and coaches is to teach business owners and stakeholders how to improve their bottom line so that your business can be self-sufficient after we are gone. It is important for a business to be able to to be able to move forward on their own. During our time with you, we will coach and train you, as well as transfer knowledge to you and your staff so that you are able to meet your business goals. We are not there to live in your business or write and deliver lengthy plans that you are not able to use and implement on your own. We will engage with you and your staff from the first meeting and will remain involved throughout the engagement until you feel your business is comfortable to proceed on their own.
Experience and Background in Your Overall Business
We do not just provide consulting and coaching services for only one area of your business. Our partners have experience in all areas of a business and both have been executives for start-ups, small-medium sized, as well as large corporations.
We look at your business as a whole to help determine what expertise you require. We will work hand and hand with other professionals you are working with such as bookkeepers, accountants, and lawyers. If you require assistance in areas we cannot perform, we can recommend and bring in that expertise from our partner network or refer you to several professionals and you can choose the right one for your business.
Fixed Priced Not To Exceed Engagements
We provide business consulting through fixed priced not to exceed engagements so that you understand exactly what you will pay. We must first find out information about your specific business and your requirements. We will then provide a fixed price not to exceed price. You will never pay more than that price unless the scope of the engagement changes. If this happens an addendum to your contract will be provided with any new requirements and price.
Our coaching is provided on an hourly basis, so you know exactly how much you will pay. There is a minimum purchase of a 4-hour package. If you just need advice, use our Business Helpline.
We partner with other service providers so that we can provide one-stop shopping for all of your business requirements. We are able to manage the entire process for you so that you have one business to deal with or we can refer you to the partner directly. This is entirely up to you.
We provide financing for engagements in excess of $2500.00 and have a financing partner who will provide longer term financing based on approved credit.
For those clients that engage us for help in obtaining financing through a consulting or coaching engagement, we will help them find lenders and investors for their business through our financing partnerships and will provide whatever time is required to help secure the financing with the lender or investor. We cannot guarantee financing as every lender and investor has their own set of criteria, but we can help make sure your business is positioned in the most favourable light based on your current financial situation.
Our offices are located just outside Toronto within the GTA. We are able to provide many services to businesses across Canada remotely.
Our local service area includes: Toronto, Peterborough, Bowmanville, Lindsay, Kawartha Lakes, Orillia, Clarington, Oshawa, Whitby, Ajax, Pickering, Port Perry, Uxbridge, Scarborough, Markham, Aurora, Newmarket, Bradford, Richmond Hill, Vaughan, Brampton, Mississauga, Burlington, Oakville and surrounding areas.
Contact us if you are outside our local service area and require service in person.
The bottom line solutions experts
© Copyright 2015, RK Fischer & Associates. All Rights Reserved. Read Our Privacy Statement.